Uco was an Indigenous chief of the Huarpes Millcayac people who lived in the valley centuries ago. Around 1941-1493, the Incas incorporated the Valley to their vast empire, the Tawantinsuyu translated as the empire of the four parts. The Valley would become part of the Collasuyu. In 1608, the Jesuits settled in Mendoza and in 1658 founded a rural property in the Uco Valley, the San José estancia. This gave birth to the town and what would later become the Atamisque estancia.
This property, which initially possessed 19,000 ha, was divided at the end of the 20th century. The estancia passed through several owners until a French man acquired it: John Du Monceau. He had fallen in love with the place and decided to settle down there with his wife, Chantal, whose grandfather had been a winemaker in the French region of Beaujolais. This prompted her to support the idea of building a winery in the property. Thus « Bodega Atamisque » was born, inspired by the name the land once possessed.
The first harvest was proudly achieved in March 2007.