The Joan d'Anguera estate was founded in 1820. Joan Anguera, the second born child of the House Anguera and owner of several properties in the village of Darmos, set up his estate. His parents helped him with money and a house known as "Ca Joan d'Anguera". Additionally, despite not being the heir, he also inherited three vineyards that always belonged to his family.
Today, it is the 7th Generation that runs the estate. Brothers Josep and Joan Anguera Pons took over the estate in 2000 when their father died. In the early days, they continued to make structured, alcoholic and oaky wines, following the trend at the time.
In 2008 they started a total transformation of the vineyards to make wines in balance with the terroir, following organic and biodynamic methods and focusing on Grenache and Carignan in most of their plots.
In 2012 they achieved organic and Demeter certification in all their vineyards.